Sunday, June 8, 2014

HOW I CREATE MY STUDY TIMETABLE

How I Create My Study Timetable

I always find creating a study timetable a helpful way for me to stay on track when I'm studying for my exams, and in this case, my mock exams. This year is flying by so far, it's already only about a month away until my exams (I'm feeling a little unprepared). Along with University applications and my normal daily life this little guy is going to help me stay on track. 
I have created a video about this which you can check out here (link!) but I don't think it came out as well as I would have liked it to, so a blogpost with photos seems to be the better option, I hope you find this helpful.


Step One
Firstly, I created a Monday - Friday timetable in Microsoft Word. I know that my weekend schedule is always different so I didn't bother adding it on. Don't forget to add a column for the time!

Step Two
Next, add all the time intervals you think you will need. Initially I wanted to have 1 hour time slots but I then decided it was a bit to vague so instead I went with 30 minutes. My timetable starts from the time I get home until the time I want to go to bed, I think its safe to say my free time is all filled up!

Step Three
It is now time to add in the 'breaks'. I actually have a specific reason for each break. 3.30-4.30 is my wind down time for the day, a time to grab a snack, watch some YouTube videos and things of that nature. My break from 6.30-7.30 is usually the time where my family eats dinner together and watches shorty street as well as the cleaning up and making my lunch for the next day! And then my final break will be getting prepared for the next day, picking my outfit, getting my books together, showering etc. etc.

Step Four
We are now up to the most exciting part... adding in the subjects to study! I don't go that specific when it comes to this part, I've just typed the subject and the unit (as I explain in my video, I have prioritized them), this is because I will be able to determine what I need to do when the time comes and I use some resources which do that part for me! Another tip I have is to pair the different 'types' of subjects together. By that I mean to pair a Math based subject with an English based subject if you can. For me, I have paired English and Physics together and Statistics and Economics together and I alternate these pairs every day. Does that make any sense? haha

Step Five
 It is well and truly time for some color. I definitely like to have something pretty to look at, there is no real art to this, just decorate as you please and in a way that makes sense to you.

And now your done! Repeat this guide for all the weeks leading up to your exams and you'll be well and truly prepared. When it come to the 'night before' an exam don't hesitate to JUST work on that subject. I find I examine better that way.... Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment